A good friend of mine at Most Curious Rose has provided me with some helpful hints about how to make your daffodils look best this spring.
Got a few daffs in the garden you'd like to bring inside? Here are my top tips for styling!
- Use an opaque container with a narrow neck- holds the stems in place and hides messy arranging inside!
- Use some twigs about to burst into flower or leaf to create movement and structure- they can support everything else. I've used forsythia.
- Pop in some foliage- I've got just two stems of rosemary in here.
- Cut your daffs to the right height then stand them in another jar of water overnight- they ooze goo that will harm other flowers!
- Next day, put your daffs in using the twigs as support. Do not recut the stems- they will ooze again!
- Place on a couple of pretty books to bring it up nearer to your eyes for maximum enjoyment!
- Try to avoid heat sources, drafts and sunny windowsills.
Keep checking back for more ideas from this very talented lady and visit her website when you require a florist in Kent. Let me know if you have any specific floristry questions.
Read more posts in the Everything Else Category