Big Night In
It’s January. Christmas is over, it’s cold, and everyone is feeling a bit blue. Plus it’s a long way until payday.
No need to despair, I have the perfect solution for you.
Invite a few friends round and have a big night in. Here are my essential ingredients for your big night in.
- Friends or family. These are the essential ingredients for your big night in. Without these, you are just a wally staying in on your own.
- A good film or three. Why not go old school and watch the Back to the Future trilogy, the Oceans series or even make a weekend of it and watch every single Harry Potter film?
- Snacks. You can’t have a big night in without snacks. Pick easy to cook, easy to eat and easy to clean up items. Popcorn, pizza, olives, brownie bites. You get the idea.
- Drinks. You must have something to wash down all that popcorn. Tea is a must in our household. Fancy something harder, cocktails are also good. Or why not go retro and get some old fashions cream soda and dandelion and burdock. You could even put an ice cream float in it.
- Lounging clothes. Whether that’s a onesie, trackies or just plain old PJs, no one needs to dress up for a big night in. Chuck on the slippers and a dressing gown and you are all set to snuggle on the sofa.
- Other entertainment. You must just get bored of the films, so why not play some games. I’m putting in a link here to my post about games to take on holiday with you (because they are all travel-sized) but these games apply for a big night in.
I hope this checklist inspires you to have a big night in this January. Who knows we need a bit of cheering up! What else would you add to the list?
Read more posts in the Entertainment Category
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post with Butterkist.