Vitamins And Supplements
The lovely people at Holland and Barrett and Fitness Pharma sent me a fantastic selection of supplements after my friend and I were selected as winners of their Twitter competition. When they arrived, I’ll be honest and say I didn’t know much about most of them, so I did some research. I was surprised to find that a lot of the information available about vitamins and supplements is written in way that’s not really friendly to the average person. So following my research, I have put this into plain English.
Q10 + Omega 3
- Q10 is also known as CoQ10.
- CoQ10 helps convert food into energy.
- CoQ10 is needed most in active cells and tissues, particularly muscles, and most importantly, your heart.
- CoQ10 helps to repair muscle tissue, whether it is for exercise purposes or for someone with heart disease.
- Omega 3 plays a vital role in your immune system, decreasing blood cell clumping and keeping tissue flexible. This can be useful for those with a history of cardiovascular disease or with high cholesterol.
- Omega 3 also assists with the brain development of young children and supports adults with brain function and memory recall.
- There is also promising research that omega-3 may help support better moods and emotional resilience.
- Omega 3-6-9 supports cardiovascular health and helps reduce high blood pressure.
- Omega 3-6-9 can also help relieve arthritic joint swelling and pain. Omega 3-6-9 can be used to reduce inflammation associated with lupus and endometriosis.
- Omega 3-6-9 also helps with maintaining good brain activity and assists with the immune system.
- Omega 3-6-9 can be used to treat eczema as it can reduce itching.
- Cranberry supplements can be used to boost overall health as it is full of antioxidants.
- Cranberries can prevent urinary tract infections and maintain the health of your bladder. They increase the urine acidity to create an inhospitable environment for bacteria such as E. coli.
- Taking a cranberry supplement means you can enjoy the health benefits without consuming extra sugar as cranberry juice is high in sugar.
- Cranberries may prevent infection by the bacteria responsible for stomach ulcers.
- Cranberries can be good for the health of your teeth as they prevent bacteria sticking to your teeth and so will reduce plaque build-up.
Bilberry and Lutein
- Bilberry and lutein can be used to protect your eyes.
- Can be used to treat eyestrain, night vision difficulty and near-sightedness.
- Bilberry may also decrease the risk of developing glaucoma.
Read more posts in the Fitness & Health Category